Stuffed Acorn Squash
One of my favorite squash recipes I've found! It can be done with or without the steamed spinach - sometimes I prefer to pair just the squash with a spinach/strawberry/orange salad.
- 1 acorn squash
- 3 cups chopped organic celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 2 cups applesauce or apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable seasoning
- 2x 6-7 ounce bags organic baby spinach
Halve squash and place cut side down in baking dish with 1/8 inch water in bottom of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Stir fry celery, onion and peppers until tender with a little water in a pan. Stir in the applesauce, curry, cinnamon and vegetable seasoning. Steam spinach until wilted. When squash is done, turn over and stuff with applesauce/veggie mix. Let bake for 5 more minutes in the oven. Serve each half on bed of steamed spinach.