My AMAZING Pecan Pie
This is truly an amazing pie. It's got a lot of sugar, I know, but it's better than most recipes that call for karo syrup, and still comes out sticky, and gooey.
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 egg substitutes (I use Bob's Red Mill substitute, I've heard banana works well too)
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons of Earth Balance or other butter alternative (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 unbaked pie crust, 9"" (I haven't had luck with my own crusts, vegan versions are out there.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix ingredients. They come out watery.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Place on a cookie sheet and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 20 minutes or longer.
- Check, center should be slightly soft, but if it seems too watery, bake for 20 more minutes.
Makes: 1 pie, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 40-60 minutes